View Single Post
Old March 2 2014, 07:46 PM   #359
Bixby
Commander

Re: Star Trek: Axanar

Loken wrote: View Post
A note about the script, since none of you have read it and let's face it, story is one of the biggest issues with non-CBS Star Trek.

David Gerrold is our story editor.

So I think you will all be very happy with the script and the story. It is fresh, yet true to Star Trek. It is a war story set in the Star Trek universe that reads like Star Trek.

Alec
Congrats on making this film a reality. I'm very much looking forward to it. I know you've all already determined the look and feel of Axanar, I'd like to say that while I don't necessarily expect the level of grit and intensity of a Band of Brothers, if you actually went with that I would be all for it. If you look back at Wrath of Khan with its Ceti Eels going inside the brain, Scotty's nephew getting burned and Khan's final look, Trek doesn't or shouldn't shy away from the horrors of space battles.

I dare hope with the amazing success of Axanar's Kickstarter that you'll get the services of a serious Hollywood make-up and prosthetics house for your film. I say go for Greg Nicotero!!
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote