View Single Post
Old March 2 2014, 04:32 AM   #4949
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

I have a couple of questions I would liked answered.

1. Why was it necessary to put Spock in the volcano?

2. Why is Kirk the only one making decisions in STiD? Where's the Conference table?

3. Why did Khan hide his people in the Torpedoes? Isn't the nature of a torpedo that it would put them in more danger?

4. Why don't they just beam up to the Enterprise? You've got a transporter that can go halfway across the galaxy, but not one that can send a crew to the ship?

Honestly, the whole "I'll demote you until you're Captain again in ten minutes" gave my whiplash. The music choices in this movie drive me up the wall. Scotty and Bones's humor just grates on my nerves. Uhura has more lines, but being an ancillary character to Spock sends this feminist into fits. And if Uhura is nothing more than a pouty girlfriend, what do you think I think of Carol Marcus?

But what bothers me the most in the relationship between Kirk and Spock. There is no love there. All they have done is challenge each other. They hate one-another, yet I am supposed to believe that they are best friends that would go ape if one of them dies. Why? And the "nods" that take full lines out of other scripts because they cannot explain with their own story why Kirk and Spock would do the things they did.

God, the more I watch it the worse it gets. It doesn't tell an interesting tale; this is becoming a dystopia.