View Single Post
Old March 2 2014, 02:24 AM   #355
Loken
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: Axanar

OpenMaw wrote: View Post
So very awesome. I'm glad to see so much enthusiasm from everyone involved. Very very cool!

Just as an aside, I remember myself and an associate by the name of TheJimmyJames working on a fan film called Constellation almost ten years ago, and we were playing around with the events of Axanar as a backdrop. Sadly it never came together, but it's nice to see others who have a taste for that era of Trek really fleshing it out and bringing it to life. This is on a level of professionalism and ambition that is truly beyond anything else i've ever seen.

The cast for this is phenomenal and if the actual production and script matches up with Tobias' special effects work, then this could go down as the single best piece of Star Trek we will have seen for a long, long time. Bar none.

Godspeed to everyone involved.
Thank you sir! Most kind.

I was out with Gary Graham last night having dinner and his enthusiasm for Axanar was crazy. Like most actors, he doesn't know everything about Star Trek, but he was genuinely enthusiastic as Christian (our director) and I were. I quoted to him the teaser dialogue he had with Vaughn Armstrong in "The Forge" and he said "Damn that's good writing!".

And yes, you hit it on the head, we know Tobias' work is great, and we have to make sure the rest of the production matches.

I think you will be impressed. After all, the video above was our first effort and a stepping stone to Prelude to Axanar which will be a stepping stone to Axanar. We want to keep testing our team and improving our game.

Alec
Loken is offline   Reply With Quote