View Single Post
Old February 27 2014, 05:37 PM   #10
Doomsday
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Lieutenant Leslie: Star Trek's very own Mementic Badass

Seeing this thread, I really have to give props to Eddie Paskey. For decades, my wife and I used to joke about Lt Leslie, and his always being there in the background, with his wonderful facial expressions, and coming back from the dead, etc.

Then, several years ago (and I'm thinking it was around 10 years ago), I ran across his website (have no idea if he still has one). And I contacted him through the website, and asked about getting an autographed picture. I was going to give it to my wife as sort of a gag gift.

Eddie Paskey responded personally to my email, and sent not one but two personalized (to my wife) autographed photos, which he appended "Red Shirts Rule!" I kid you not.

And he sent me a couple of lengthy emails about what he was doing now (or I guess, then). Anyway, he had the best attitude about his somewhat unique place in ST history, and was just an all around nice guy. My wife loved the pictures, and we even had them framed and hung in our library.

So both my wife and I are very big Leslie fans now, and also Eddie Paskey fans, because of how cool he was about the whole thing.