View Single Post
Old February 27 2014, 07:46 AM   #157
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: The X-Files - First Time Watching

Oubliette

I've been neglecting X-Files for a while but finally saw one tonight. I was not prepared for how emotional, powerful, and downright disturbing (on a psychological level) that episode was. This was the one where a little girl (Jewel Streit, way before Keylee, even though she hadn't aged that much between roles) is abducted, and that abduction affects another girl miles alway, kind of like an empathic link. I didn't really get how or why they were linked (if anyone knows the episode, could you clarify that) but it almost didn't seem to matter if it helped this wonderful story.

Dechovny was absolutely incredible here, being kind of the sarrogate between Amy and Lucy. There are times when you can see just the FBI Agent or the crazy insane person who believes in Aliens, but here he was a human being showing compassion to someone who really needed it.

This episode also hits home to so many child abduction cases, not just those before 1995, but everyone since. There are times when I think the Death Penalty is warranted, and child abduction, rape, molestation are a few of those instances.

This episode really hit me in a powerful way, and it's a top 5 episode so far. I have a feeling it will stay in the top 5 when all is said and done.