View Single Post
Old February 25 2014, 10:11 AM   #68
Cato
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games

I gotta say, I watched more games this time than I ever have. The last time I watched a lot was 2006. I don't care for the summer games at all and never watch them, but the winter games are my thing and I'm not a sports guy at all. I discovered something about myself that I never knew, I'm a big fan if these types of sports. In the past growing up, I just tuned in because it was the Olympics, it was a big deal. The US hosted the Olympics twice and the big basketball stars like Michael Jordan and Shaque were playing , so it was the thing to do. As a teenager I rode a skateboard a lot. I couldn't do any tricks, but I rode my board around the hood. I always liked skiing and bobsled, but when snowboarding came on the scene, I really liked it. This time around though, I was paying attention to everything and really into it. The only think I don't like is curling. The only thing I didn't watch was hockey, I just could never catch it.

I think this time was really good. Vancouver was cool, but I was more invested in this one. I'm glad USA did really good, but it's good to see other teams do well too. That iPod guy was really good, I hope to see him again. I'm guessing Shawn White is done, but who knows. Bodie Miller is probably done. We had a lot of fresh blood too and it will be interesting to see how that plays out next time. Also, Russia really did a good job of pulling this off and while there may be political differences between us, Russians should be proud of this achievement.

NBC? What can I say that hasn't already been said? Sadly, I doubt FOX or CBS would do anything differently. If they cut down the pre-game bullshit and the commentary, we could have seen a lot more stuff. I seem to remember Vancouver being aired almost all day every day. Maybe that's because of the time difference, but still, I don't remember it being that bad.

Overall, I think it was a good Olympics. I liked the new games like slope style and the other stuff and I look forward to next time.
Cato is offline   Reply With Quote