View Single Post
Old February 25 2014, 06:43 AM   #446
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Re: ROBOCOP remake finds its director and star

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I just saw the original Robocop for the first time since I was a kid; after having seen the remake. And I have to admit the original is better. It moves a lot faster and has a lot more action in it.
Moves faster, I'll give you. Has more heart, I'll give you. (While at first the jerky stop-motion ED-209s grated, but by the end their touches of personality that kept showing up won me over. Plus, the original's resolution to Directive 4 was a lot more fun than the remake's approach.)

But more action? The two seem pretty comparable to me on that score.

(I saw the first movie for the first time yesterday, and the remake today. Both were enjoyable; both had their moments. But ultimately they have such different takes on the material - one telling a story, one using the story to try to make a point about society - that it's not fair to compare the two. Each did what they set out to do.)

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is online now   Reply With Quote