View Single Post
Old February 24 2014, 03:41 AM   #295
Christopher
Writer

Re: MYTHBUSTERS 10th Anniversary Season

The reason is that the writers got their science wrong, of course. Everything else is just trying to rationalize the mistake in-universe.

Speaking of getting science wrong... I complained about what a joke Discovery has become, and I've been thinking "Maybe the show should move to The Science Channel," which shows reruns of it a lot. But I've just been watching one of those reruns on TSC, and they're showing promos for a series about UFOs. On The "Science" Channel. (Insert facepalm meme of your choice here.)

This is why we need public television. You can't get good science programming on a network that needs advertising dollars and ratings, because programming there is always going to be a popularity contest, and fashionable pseudoscience tends to trump legitimate science. So the only reliable science programming is usually on public TV.

Written Worlds -- My blog

Last edited by Christopher; February 24 2014 at 03:53 AM.
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote