View Single Post
Old February 22 2014, 05:31 PM   #46
Fleet Captain
Re: Theory regarding the super-fast trip from Qo'noS to Earth

Nexarc wrote: View Post
Well, apparently if the display in Adm Marcus's office is any indication (about 00:27 in this video, upper right of chart), looks like the wormhole/transwarp network theory is probably canon for this reality.

Fan-wank: Conventional warp-drive exists, and ships enter the network for high speed travel between certain access points but both called simply "warp drive" in-universe. My guess is a limited section of the Borg/Xindi Network 'discovered' through the data collected from the Narada rather than a locally-made one. Unknown if Starfleet in general knows what the nature of the network is with possible exception of Section 31.
I think that's pretty conclusive to be honest, along with 'Transwarp Beaming' which has also been a feature of the two movies, it is obviously new technology that has been developed in this timeline. I'm not saying I like it - I don't, I prefer my Trek to have at least some grounding in a possible reality and the technology to have limitations, stuff like this messes with us fans!
Smellmet is offline   Reply With Quote