View Single Post
Old February 22 2014, 01:20 PM   #16
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: These Are The Voyages: Season 2...

HIjol wrote: View Post
From Ralph Senesky's Blog, Director of some TOS episodes and a boatload of other beloved episodic TV:

This was my first STAR TREK without Gene Coon as producer (and of course as writer). He stated he was leaving because he was burned out. Iíve wondered if Paramountís purchase of Desilu Studio, with the subsequent shortening of the shooting schedule (and whatever other restrictions the new regime brought) could have contributed to Geneís burnout. I for one certainly missed This was my first STAR TREK without Gene Coon as producer (and of course as writer). He stated he was leaving because he was burned out. Iíve wondered if Paramountís purchase of Desilu Studio, with the subsequent shortening of the shooting schedule (and whatever other restrictions the new regime brought) could have contributed to Geneís burnout. I for one certainly missed him.

I always thought it had to do with his bringing the Klingons on board, or creative differences with the POB...
Look I'm just putting this out there. I don't know if its true but I heard somewhere that Gene Coon (I think) had some marital difficulties - a broken heart. Maybe that affected his decision ?
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote