View Single Post
Old February 22 2014, 02:56 AM   #22
Botany Bay
Rear Admiral

Re: Episode of the Week : The Naked Time

ssosmcin wrote: View Post

1) Joe Tormolen is an idiot. From the crappy environment suits to him taking his glove off and then not saying anything afterward (apparently thinking decon would take care of
it) was just ridiculous.
Every person I've ever watched this show with (including my 6 year old) thinks Tormolen is an idiot! It takes the gloss a little off this othrwise classic episode. I suppose, yeah, he could have just assumed de-contamination could have fixed things.

One thing I really enjoy about these early TOS episodes is the greater budget allowed for us to spend a bit of time with crew members other than Kirk, Spock and Bones. I would have liked to keep bumping into the likes of Janice, Riley, DeSalle, Kelowitz, etc in seasons two and three.

As for the TNG remake, I loved it as well, and thought it was one of the more entertaining early episodes. I can see how it would have disappointed a lot of content-starved Trekkers in 1987, though - "episode 2 and they're doing remakes already".
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline   Reply With Quote