View Single Post
Old February 20 2014, 05:54 AM   #587
JD
Admiral

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I finished this up just a few minutes ago.
My review from Goodreads (I switched to it from Shelfari this week):
This book is another great installment by Kirsten Beyer. First of all I'm going to address the elephant in the room: Janeway's return. I know a lot of people hate resurrections in these kinds of stories, but I don't mind them if they are done well, and this one was IMO. It was done in a way that fit into what's already been established about the Star Trek Universe, and it also fit into the story being told very well.
I also liked the answers we were finally given about Eden in this story. The storyline with her has been a very interesting arc, although at first I did think it was a little similar to Odo's story from DS9. Luckily the answers we got were very different.
The conecition between Omega and the Q was really interesting. I'm a bit Q fan, and I really liked what Kirsten did with them here.
It was nice to get to revisit Riley Frasier and The Cooperative from the episode Unity. I've been really hoping that the books would revisit planets and races from the TV series and really liked the way that it was done here.
I got a kick out of seeing Icheb again. I always liked the character on the show, so I was very happy that we got to spend a few moments with him, and I'm glad that it sounds like he might be sticking around.
I voted Outstanding.