View Single Post
Old February 20 2014, 01:45 AM   #2176
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Nope. She won't. See above.
I'm not saying she'll be in Westeros as season 5 starts, but rather that she'll get there by the end of the season, or perhaps the season ends with her looking upon the shores of Westeros for the first time. At any rate, I think she'll be there by season 6 at the latest. I think they're going to deviate more and more from the books, condensing things and really hitting the accelerator. Of course I could turn out to be wrong.
There's no reason for that to happen. It took him so long to finish Feast and Dance because he had to scrap the 5 year gap and to deal with the Meerenese knot. None of this is the case now.
A lot of people have been telling themselves that, but it's becoming apparent that he just doesn't have the juice left to deliver the final two books in three- or even four-year turnarounds apiece. If Winds is published before 2016 I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not expecting it. That'll be a five-year gap between Dance and Winds. Another five-year gap would mean the publication of Dream in 2021.
If WoW is published in 2015, or early in 2016, the show will not overtake the books with tWoW
Publication in late 2015 or in 2016 would put at least some of Winds on screen before it's published. I think it'll be a pretty big chunk of it, too.
...but we must accept the high probability that it will be finished before aDoS is published. That doesn't mean that D&D will not get to read GRRM's manuscripts before they do the scripts.
Agreed.

Last edited by Out Of My Vulcan Mind; February 20 2014 at 02:10 AM.
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote