View Single Post
Old February 16 2014, 01:19 AM   #31
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: If they had any balls...

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
TheWelshPirate wrote: View Post
Heaven forbid a Star Trek movie involve some form of exploration.
Actually, the opening scene of STID is the first and only time we've see the crew of any Enterprise doing any exploring in a Star Trek movie. Seriously, the only exploring done in the TOS movies was by the Reliant in TWOK, the Grissom in TSFS and the Excelsior in TUC. No exploration at all in the TNG ones.
Hmmm. What about Sha Ka Ree in STV? What about the interior of V'Ger in TMP?
V'Ger was threat response and the Enterprise went to Sha Ka Ree after it was hijacked. Therefore, neither are exploration.

bbjeg wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Tulin wrote: View Post

So.......the opening scene of STID WASN'T the only time we saw exploration in a ST movie?

Make up your mind!
(emphasis mine)

I think you may have missed what he was saying. Better give it another try.
I get what Tulin is saying. In one sentence, The Wormhole says ".. The opening scene of STID is the first and only time we've seen the crew of any Enterprise doing any exploring in a Star Trek movie" and the following sentence names a ship containing an Enterprise crewmen (Chekov).
You mean an ex-Enterprise officer, since sometime before TWOK Chekov was transferred of Enterprise and assigned to Reliant, making him in those scenes a Reliant officer. My point stands the Enterprise (whether original 1701 or the A) did no exploring in the TOS movies. And the Enterprise D and E likewise didn't in the TNG.