View Single Post
Old February 15 2014, 08:53 PM   #395
bok2384
Commander

View bok2384's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bok2384
Re: TF: Revelation and Dust by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Jedi Ben wrote: View Post
bok2384 wrote: View Post
I've been away from Treklit and indeed any Star Trek for a very long time, mainly due to fatigue and having issues with some of decisions that were taken with the direction of the novels. I'm ashamed to say that Rough Beasts of Empire was one of those that drove me away. Upon reading the section where Sisko walked out on Kassidy Yates and his entire family, I literally threw the book across the room!
Seriously, I get that reaction and had I read it when Plagues of Night / Raise The Dawn did not exist, I would have likely done similar which is why I avoided. Then I heard a ton of stunningly positive comments about that pair in relation to RBoE.

So, go buy those 2 books, then return to RBoE, but treat it as Act 1 of a trilogy - and the darkest act at that - and I think you'll find it to be one hell of a good story!
Thanks for the heads up, Jedi Ben. I certainly plan to go back and read them based on the information that was relayed in Revelation and Dust about the destruction of Deep Space 9, it certainly sounds quite harrowing.