View Single Post
Old February 14 2014, 07:11 AM   #85
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: They really should have found a way to get Shatner on one of the m

Brutal Strudel wrote: View Post
Good question. From their desperation to climb, I figured it was the E needed to attain orbit to fly comfortably. However, they also were desperate not to be detected so...
I always had the impression that they were much too low to achieve a stable orbit, and that stable orbit was desirable not only to reduce the possibility of detection but also to provide sufficient time for assessing damage sustained during the "surprise time-travel" event and effecting necessary repairs.

Brutal Strudel wrote: View Post
Since every thing I'd read from the production/creative end was adamant that the Enterprise was not designed for atmospheric flight--since Matt Jeffries designed her specifically suggest she was a creature of the void
While certainly designed for traveling the void and while clearly not made for optimum performance in planetary atmospheres, it seemed apparent that E could cut low-level atmospheric flight when it was called for, even on possibly-compromised ("She's sluggish, sir") impulse engines.
SPOCK: We are too low in the atmosphere to retain this orbit, Captain. Engineering reports we have sufficient impulse power to achieve escape velocity.
http://www.voyager.cz/tos/epizody/22...erdaytrans.htm

Brutal Strudel wrote:
(sorry--the beautiful girl brings out the bad poet in me*), maybe I'm just projecting an assumption.
I think that can be allowed.

geneo wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
If it gets repeated enough times, it becomes true!
Like Hitler said, tell a lie big enough and often enough people will think it is the truth.
That you did little more than repeat in different words what Set had already said makes your post superfluous and verging on spammy. Bringing that other guy's name up in this thread serves no useful purpose whatsoever, so please: be so good as to refrain from introducing inappropriate/irrelevant Hitlers into any future discussion.