View Single Post
Old February 13 2014, 05:26 PM   #39
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: What did the Enterprise-C look like in the real TNG universe?

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post

@ BillJ

Personally I think that what you suggest is exactly what was going on in the minds of the TNG producers.

I believe they were just afraid that because of the similarities between Probert's Ambassador and Galaxy Class audiences might have mistaken one for the other, considering the small TV screens of the late 1980's.

Putting the Enterprise-D next to an Excelsior Class starship definitely created the contrast to distinct one from the other but so we ended up with all these Excelsior Class starships, instead.

It may have been a good thing for general audiences, then, but from a fannish point of view I think it's lame - and would like to look forward to a "special" or "artists" edition of TNG in the future where it should be easy on any HD screen to distinct Probert's [Ambassador Class] starship design from the Enterprise-D.

Bob
I like the Ambassador-class that we saw on screen. I thought it looked like something that should've came between the Excelsior- and Galaxy-classes from a design evolution point-of-view.