View Single Post
Old February 13 2014, 12:45 AM   #15
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Re: Batman: Arkham 4

Sketcher wrote: View Post
Weren't their rumors that Arkham 3 was going to be Justice League-based, before we discovered it was a prequel?
The initial rumor was that Arkham 3 was going to be developed by Rocksteady and would be a Silver Age-era story that depicted the first meeting between Batman and the Joker. We got the latter in Origins, but we clearly didn't get the Silver Age setting.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Justice League, or at least a few of its members, showed up in Arkham Whatever, particularly given that things like the Catwoman levels in City and the Deathstroke DLC in Origins clearly indicates that the dev teams are actively testing modifications to the combat and movement systems, but I don't think we'll get a full Justice League game. There are simply too many dynamics to cram into a single game. Even the first LEGO Batman had miserable driving sequences, and that was after Traveller's Tales had had multiple attempts at that sort of UX via the LEGO Star Wars games. Rocksteady has done great work with most aspects of the Arkham series, but I don't expect -- or want -- the studio to bite off more than it can chew.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote