View Single Post
Old February 10 2014, 11:40 PM   #80
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: They really should have found a way to get Shatner on one of the m

1. Making of Star Trek and the writers guides aren't canon. Their speculations (like photon torpedoes being composed of energy) have been superseded. Also, there's nothing to say they're not right and the TOS Enterprise wasn't built in space. The issue is the possibility of building on land.

2. Click! It looks like the Red Arrows putting on a display. There's also Nemesis, which left similar blue trails to the new movie.

3. I must have missed the lessons on miles-long space amoebas which magically suck the life force from people and technology. And what about the times the various Trek ships have endured crushing black holes, freaky anomalies, near collisions with suns etc? H20 has nothing on them.

4. I'm taking the whole lot into account, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT. No cherry picking from the bits I like best and insisting they're the only way.

Trek is a goofy comic book world, it just occasionally likes to pretend it's being realistic science fiction. There's more than enough room for all the Abramsverse silliness.