View Single Post
Old February 10 2014, 08:07 PM   #21
Scout101
Admiral

Re: NFL Offseason '14: Wake me up when minicamps start

At that point, isn't it really just down to: Can he PLAY? If he's any good, then absolutely, yes. If not, doesn't matter if he's Queer Eye or Marlboro Man, he can't help the team.

Like I said, a non-clusterfuck of a team won't have a problem with this, and can deal with the attention and deflect/make it a non-issue. A mediocre or bad team will get eaten alive by this, there will be instant hazing stories, fighting in the locker room, all that nonsense.

If teams pass on a good player due to fear of media puff pieces, they deserve what they get, and it's likely not even in the top 5 of fuckups they'll make this offseason. If they take him just BECAUSE of the media attention (and he can't play), just as big a mistake. Jackie Robinson's story was only interesting because he was good. Otherwise, you just get a Tebow to the Jets level of media circus, and a 3rd string QB dominates your storylines and tears apart your locker room and leadership...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33