View Single Post
Old February 7 2014, 01:26 AM   #19
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness DVD & Blu-Ray Sales

The question is what do we as consumers expect feature wise on a DVD/BR. Sure some are happy with more a less a vanillia release, others prefer releases loaded with extras. I enjoy listening to commentary tracks, and making of features. In the days when On Demand services you have to want people to go to the expense of buying a DVD/BR, sure I can understand a DVD release being a vanillia release but what the studios should do is load the BR with features so as to get people to migrate to the new medium. Though what I think is more annoying than a lack of bonus features is where they are released as exclusives availble from only a certain retailer. I view that as nothing more than a shameless attempt to rip fans off in the hopes that they'll double or even triple dip.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote