Re: Bill Nye to debate Creationist tonight at 7 - 2.4 on CNN
J. Allen wrote:
The risk there, though, is that when you go off message, you might dilute your point in the process.
I agree with you but I think Nye was making that point when he said about the billions that didn't agree with Ken Ham. It just was a clunky argument.
I also respect Nye for staying with the science but some theology would have hit Ham in the gut.
1. Genesis is full of inconsistency. Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 is the most famous. God created man and woman together in 1:1 and then created woman AFTER man in 1:2. Also God orders Noah to originally save 6 pairs of the sacred animals and then orders Noah to save a pair of every animal. Good Grief Lord which is it.
2. Ark means box that holds something sacred. It does not mean boat.
3. People lived HOW LONG back then. Let Ham explain that.
4. On the first day God created the Sea and the Sky. Uh how can you do that without creating a planet first.
5. If stars came at the same time why are they different ages.
6. Why does God hate DINOSAURS!!!
That's only a problem for Fundamentalist literalism not theology.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched