View Single Post
Old February 4 2014, 09:02 PM   #21
Re: Actors' personalities vs. their character's personalities

Dwight Schultz. Everything he does, every character he plays I really like--even Oppenheimer. But I don't think if I met him in person we could ever have a real discussion because some of the things that come out of his mouth & some of the views he holds make me want to sackboot him repeatedly. It's one of those times that it's really important to distinguish between person & roles.

As far as Patrick Stewart goes...many years ago, I was with a friend at a restaurant in NYC & we happened to see him eating alone. After we finished our dinner, we went over & introduced ourselves & told him how much we admired his work. I told him that as much as I enjoyed him as Picard, my favorite role of his was as Lucius Aelius Sejanus in "I, Claudius" (I LOVE "I, Claudius", I do..). He got this great big grin on his face & when I added that I was so sad that he didn't do any scenes with Brian Blessed, who played Augustus (& who I friggin' LOVE; that man is hiigh-LARious), he started telling us tales about his early days & working with Brian & others from that cast. We ended up sitting down & listening to him regale us with tales from the Claudius set fro like 35 minutes. It was fantastic.
Be the chaos you wish to see in the world.
Shik is offline   Reply With Quote