View Single Post
Old February 4 2014, 09:58 PM   #279
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

ATimson wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
What's wrong with Steam? It's good at a) giving me cheap games, b) giving me access to my library regardless of which computer I'm on, and c) generally stays out of my way.
It gives me access to my library regardless of which computer I'm on. It doesn't let me give access to games in my library that I'm not using to my friends and family. (Family Sharing kicks them off when I start playing any other game, so it doesn't count.)
Ah, that's a feature I don't really use. It would be ideal if the library could be shared and only simultaneous play of the same game was forbidden, but it's possible Steam's licensing agreements don't permit it. In any case, Steam accounts are supposed to be linked to an individual, which is something you know going in.

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Also, it is by no means the only way to play games on one's PC.
For some games, yes. For popular AAA titles, it generally is the only way.
Those AAA titles are usually on consoles, too, so you're locking yourself in one way or another.