Very good quarterback, just not special.
- 2nd in career passing yards
- 1st in career playoff passing yards
- 2nd in career touchdowns
- 4th in career playoff touchdowns
- 2nd in career passer rating
- 2nd in career sack percentage
And that's all-time, not just active quarterbacks. On what planet is that "very good, just not special?"
For many people, sports will be about narrative, not numbers. That's why, like it or not, wins will always be a factor. That being said, he's got quite a few of those and a championship, so there's not much merit to the argument even there.