View Single Post
Old February 3 2014, 08:51 PM   #228
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: "Amazing Spider-man 2" discussion

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Yeah, and the bit with her dangling in that place with all the gears. If they do I'm a bit disappointed that MJ isn't in this film because I really love the bit in the comics where MJ stays to comfort him.
I'm glad they cut MJ out of the film. The film already looks crowded and the addition of MJ probably would have been too much.

Besides, MJ always felt tacked on after Gwen's death. Peter needs the proper amount of time to grieve and move on. I feel like having MJ come to Peter at the end of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (providing that Gwen... you know) would be gimmicky.

I think the proper thing to would (which looks like they are doing) is saving MJ for the third film. I think that would make more sense. Give Peter time to grieve and MJ could periodically help console him throughout the movie. I think that makes much more sense.

As for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 itself, the movie keeps on looking better and better with each new trailer. I'm still skeptical since I wasn't a big fan of the first movie, but I am cautiously optimistic. The movie keeps on looking better, so we'll see.