View Single Post
Old February 3 2014, 01:57 AM   #740
DWF
Vice Admiral

Re: Last Classic Who Story you watched

Count Zero wrote: View Post
davejames wrote: View Post
Just watched The Chase for the first time and thought it was a lot of fun. Obviously there wasn't much of a plot, with the Daleks simply chasing the TARDIS around from place to place, but it was still cool seeing them pop in and out of so many different environments so quickly. In fact it almost had the feel of a New Series story in that way.
I liked that one a lot as well. The scenes of the Doctor grooving along to the Beatles playing on his super-TV and the TARDIS landing on the Mary Celeste (I like those throw-away explanations of mysteries the show sometimes throws at you) and on the Empire State Building are scenes that kinda stuck with me.
I also like the ending of Ian and barbara finally making it home. I always wondered how they explained their two years long absence later on, though.
The Chase was the first story to have a future companion playing a different part and of course Peter Pruves would play Steven later on. The Chase was supposed to be the template for the third theater movie and much of the plot was redone in The Dalek Masterplan.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is online now   Reply With Quote