View Single Post
Old February 3 2014, 12:16 AM   #176
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive
Re: Fan Film Writer's Primer

USS Intrepid wrote: View Post
Bixby wrote: View Post
''the producers often hesitate to employ what they refer to as ''gimmicks'' from the original series''...

Perhaps they should have decided to use the gimmick that might have made Riker, Troi, Crusher, LaForge, Wesley actually compelling as characters, hmmm?
I found them perfectly compelling, nor am I alone. Mileage, clearly, varies. Do we really need yet another TNG vs TOS, 'my show is better than yours' debate? Or maybe we can just agree that people have widely varying tastes and leave it at that.
Agreed.

Bixby: I found all the characters on TNG quite compelling, thankyouverymuch. To each his own.

The other thing to consider is that Roddenberry had basically laid down a veto on bringing back aliens from TOS. He was against Worf's existence, for crying out loud. That we got Vulcans, Klingons, and Romulans isn't altogether surprising but let's remember the context of that first year on the show when leveling our criticisms, shall we?