View Single Post
Old February 1 2014, 11:17 PM   #59
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: UT-TFV: "No Win Scenario"

Main Bridge
USS Empress

The quantum torpedoes had done some damage to the enemy ship, but not enough. Energy beams from the Kothlis’Ka vessel lashed into Empress, throwing Captain Erasia from her seat. She landed painfully on her knees, an agonizing jolt running from her wrists up her arms when she threw out her hands to break her fall.

Ignoring her pain, Erasia climbed back into her seat. She dabbed at the wetness from her eyes, brought on by the smoke rising from burning consoles. “Status report,” she barked.

“Hull breaches, Decks Five through Twelve,” Lt. Aarti called out. “Auxiliary shielding is in place over the breaches.” The Kothlis’Ka had spared them the neutronium rounds and instead had decided to carve them up with energy beams. So far her crew hadn’t figured out what powered the beams, but in the end, it didn’t matter. All that did was that the Kothlis’Ka warship was starting to punch through the ship’s weakened shields. They were starting to win.

“We can’t take much more of this,” Commander Sheppard said through gritted teeth. A nasty gash ran from the corner of the man’s eye to under his chin. Blood poured through the wound and onto the deck plating. The man needed medical attention, but she needed him more on the bridge.

“I know,” she said, “But we only have to distract this ship to give Rhizzo the time she needs.”

“And how long will that take?” Sheppard voiced skepticism. She didn’t have to be a Betazoid to tell that the man didn’t trust the unpredictable Zakdorn.

“As much time as it takes,” she snapped, feeling terrible for the emotional outburst and a bit defensive about letting Rhizzo go the final time.

She pondered if she would go to her grave wondering if she did the right thing.

Main Bridge
USS K’mpec

The ship rocked so hard Captain Tanaka’s teeth clattered.

“Sir, Engineering is reporting a warp core breach,” Lt. Commander Mehita informed him.

“Damn it,” Tanaka said. “Order everyone to evacuate the ship!”

“Sir, we can’t send them out into that!” The Ktarian balked. She pointed at the cracked viewscreen, which was still displaying the hellish battle around them.

“What other choice do we have? A likely death or a certain one? Do as command,” he said, his tone inviting no further debate.

“Yes sir,” the woman said crisply.

“Hopefully the Kothlis’Ka will ignore the escape pods. They might not see them as a threat.”

“We were spared once,” Mehita said. “I don’t think we can count on such luck again.”

“You better hope so, because I want you on a pod.”

“No sir.”

“That’s an order!”

“Which I’m refusing to follow.”

“I could relieve you, bring you up on charges!”

“Sir, somehow I don’t think I’m going to see the inside of a Starfleet courtroom or stockade.”

“Heh, I think you’re right. I guess you’ll be staying with me.” He looked around the shattered bridge. None of the officers had left their post. “I guess that goes for the lot of you huh?” They all nodded grimly. Tanaka couldn’t help but smile.

“So, what’s the plan sir?” Mehita asked.

“We ram this ship down their throats,” Tanaka answered.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote