View Single Post
Old January 25 2014, 06:32 PM   #12
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Re: Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
The problem with Jack's backstory in the novels is that he's kind of a business geek (in Red October the novel, he spends quite a lot of time just sitting around crunching numbers). I'm not surprised they had to jazz it up a bit for this film.

@MrLight: I agree, Baldwin did a GREAT job as Jack in Red October the film. That is one of my favorite films of all time, in fact. I've seen it a dozen times in the theater. I'm not a huge fan of Baldwin's acting but that one I did enjoy. He's my favorite Jack yet.
Why are they making Ryan into a 00 agent when he's an analyst in this new movie?

Gaith wrote: View Post
I've got no problem whatsoever with white American male action heroes, and I greatly enjoyed the white male spies of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. But we've been rehashing the Cold War with eeeevil Russkies since GoldenEye, so my point is, isn't it time we had a CIA hero of, say, Middle Eastern descent for a change? Someone who could go on a secret mission to, say, Tehran, and not look wildly out of place?
People have been asking for a black James Bond for a while, and many were hoping it would be Idris Elba, so you're not alone there.

Myself, I want Elba to play a different and original spy character who just happens to be of color.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote