View Single Post
Old January 25 2014, 11:11 AM   #16
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

Re: If Nazi's had not been defeated space timeline reasonable?

valid point.

Yet I think it fits here allright as it deals with how Germany might possibly have developed in the scientific and technological sector.

Also, due to it mentioning Nazis, I think it'd be too controversial a topic for MISC. While here in the Science forum people can be trusted to discuss things in a way that's not too emotional, over there the thread would very likely derail and get dangerousely close to a flamewar.
You might now reasonably point out that it might in this case be better moved to TNZ. But in that case the flame war would almost be pre-programmed since by the very act of posting the thread there, the general focus would be shifted to the political aspects rather than the scientific ones.

In the end it's a matter of interpretation and individual preferences. (And of course the thread starter's and Moderators' decision.)
Personally, I have to admit that while I usually feel highly uncomfortable with Nazi-ish topics (for danger of being misinterpreted and consequently flamed), I find myself unexpectedly enjoying talking this topic over with scientific-minded intelligent people.

Last edited by Rhubarbodendron; January 25 2014 at 11:22 AM.
Rhubarbodendron is offline   Reply With Quote