Thread: tabletop
View Single Post
Old January 20 2014, 05:30 PM   #157
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile
Re: tabletop

Welcome to the thread! I feel the same way about Muchkin.

I have Star Trek Deck Building: The Original Series and TNG: The Next Phase version of the same game. I've only played TOS so far though. The rulebook is pretty bad and it leaves a lot of ambiguity but after about four plays I have the hang of it now and I really enjoy it. Obviously as a Trekkie the theme stands out for me and my aim is to try and get Kirk, Spock and Bones into my hand at the same time but it's a pretty good take on the deck-building genre. One thing I particularly like is that the starting cards can actually be used for useful things rather than having basic abilities that are only useful at the beginning of the game.

I have Star Trek: Expeditions as well which is okay but it's not great. I haven't played it that often to be honest, it's not one that really grabbed me.

Star Trek Scene It is obviously a Scene It game so you know what you're getting with that. It's cool but I don't get to play it that often because I don't know anyone who likes Trek as much as me so they just know I'm always going to win.

I'm looking to save up to get Star Trek: Fleet Captains because that's been described as "Star Trek in a box" by Tom Vasel, and it looks damn cool.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote