View Single Post
Old January 19 2014, 02:47 AM   #31
Hober Mallow
Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: Who wants to see a TAS Remasered project?

BillJ wrote: View Post
I gotta be honest here, I don't find the remastered effects "better" than most of the original effects.
Sorry, but I'm really pedantic about this: the new CGI FX are not "remastered." The newly added FX are the only part of the show that wasn't remastered. It's the original FX -- along with the rest of the original series -- which were remastered. The remaster of TOS was complete before any new FX were created.

Hey, I did warn you that I'm pedantic.
Maurice wrote: View Post
I assume you meant "master" and not "maser"

Anyway, you're making the common error of conflating "revisionism" with "remastering". Remastering is making a new print/video of a film/show which has been degraded or had poor quality copies made in the past. Re-animating, changing voices, etc., is NOT remastering.
This needs to be repeated again and again and again. And again.
Warped9 wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I think they could do new TOS effects that do the originals justice and fit in with the live action elements, I just don't think that happened in TOS-R.
I totally agree. Which is why I watch TOS in glorious HD with the original FX, also in HD. Some of the FX hold up, some don't, but they are what they are, products of their time.
"Beep... beep!" --Captain Pike
Hober Mallow is offline   Reply With Quote