View Single Post
Old January 18 2014, 11:10 PM   #274
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim of Eternity"

Bixby wrote: View Post
Emphasis mine.
But they really need to jettison the extraneous characters, BSG style, and refocus their scripts to actually give us stories centering on Kirk, Spock and McCoy, finally (Phase 2, my same plea to you), with a real theme, tension and conclusion. The new episode coming out in a couple of weeks is trumpeting some impressive celebrity names (stunt-casting?), but to date I'm a lot more impressed with Starship Farragut's 3 episodes.
The extraneous characters are very problematic in these productions. They're not interesting, don't drive the story forward and are more Mary Sues or Gary Stus than anything else (Peter Kirk, I'm looking at you!).

I too would like a greater focus on Kirk, Spock and McCoy. They aren't really used properly in these productions, and I've gone on and on about this in other threads.

Maurice wrote: View Post

And, yes, as Middyseafort and I are always carping, let's have the LEADS motivate the action, drive the action. Hell, let's just have the character DO something and not stand around and talk about it over and over.
Or what Maurice just said.