View Single Post
Old January 18 2014, 08:10 PM   #23
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Who wants to see a TAS Remasered project?

RAMA wrote: View Post
Warped9 wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post

Why? What point would it actually serve? Doing something along those lines doesn't somehow overwrite the original (which I love). Just something fun to experiment with.
If you can't see how offensive that would be then I can't help you. It's one thing to remake a work as in making a new version, but doing something revisionist to the actual original work is insulting and disrespectful to the original creators.

I can appreciate TNG-R because the end result is something that looks like it could have looked under the best of circumstances. TOS-R doesn't look like anything TOS could have done even under the best of circumstances.

So revisioning the original TAS would piss me off.
Well it looks a lot better than TOS originally did. It's not as good as they can do it now, but that wasn't really the goal, was it?

RAMA
Whether or not the effects of TOS-R were "better" or not is in the eye of the beholder. But I'm not upset that they made the attempt. Sometimes it worked and looked good, other times not so much.