View Single Post
Old January 17 2014, 05:45 PM   #12
milojthatch
Lieutenant

Re: Enterprise The Movie

R. Star wrote: View Post
Wow, were these backup plans in case Enterprise and Nemesis somehow didn't kill off the prime franchise?
I still disagree that Nemesis and Enterprise "killed" anything off. Yes, I agree both were not as successful as previous incarnations, but I've seen too many other Hollywood franchises that kept going anyway, with a few finally churning out a hit. Fast and the Furious comes to mind. The studio killed Trek, it's that simple.

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Berman was still in charge, but--as Roddenberry had done during the first season of TNG--stepped back into a more supervisory role with someone else (Coto) handling the day-to-day running of ENT.

Although Berman was said to be connected with the aborted Star Trek: The Beginning movie, it was really a very tangible connection, IIRC. I don't think it would have been a Berman production, IMO.
I'd wager Berman would have still be a producer, but personally feel that had the studio not killed off Star Trek and then brought it back under JJ Abrams, Berman ultimately would have retired and picked Manny Coto to be his successor the same way Gene Roddenberry picked Rick to be his.

I realize the odds of this happening are not so great, but I'm still holding out some hope that the "Enterprise on NetFlix" campaign leads to a new series of tv style films or a mini series to better wrap Enterprise up.
milojthatch is offline   Reply With Quote