View Single Post
Old January 17 2014, 03:40 AM   #33
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Re: Star Trek -- Project: Potemkin "The Night the Stars Fell from the

Halliwell wrote: View Post
Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post
Did you think the Odessa Steps homage was too much?
Definitely not. It was intense and needed to be shown. I'm reminded of the tales we've heard over the years about the Cardassian's treatment of Bajoran women and children. Heard about it but not shown. I think in this case it needed to be shown just how far Sarats willing to go. As the audience, it took away all doubt that he is an evil character. That last shot, with the only remaining child, looking him in the eye as he fires his phaser was a pretty powerful moment.
The kids in the scene all enjoyed their moment. Hope, the little girl, played it to the max, and after the scene finished shooting (I think it took several takes), Dennis had to take a time out. She had affected him that much. Hope to this day is tickled by that.

Halliwell wrote: View Post
Also, the homage helped the audience "feel", for the lack of a better term, T'Noshi's pain and her guilt when she returns to Potemkin. In a way that would have been lessened had we not gone through the experience with her. You go from not knowing her in the beginning of the film to knowing a great deal about her, making her request both logical and emotional at the same time. You know if it wasn't for her pain and guilt and the knowledge he killed children with Starfleet weapons, Gregory may not have done what he did.
That is definitely my thought as well. It was T'Noshi who put him over the edge.

Halliwell wrote:
In science fiction there is always an "out" to death. Anyone care to guess how Sarat can live even after he's technically dead? I'll give you one clue..

Remember.

Edit to add: Also, just because Starfleet declares the planet off limits, doesn't mean there's no way for other races not to beam down. I've already mapped out in my head just how to make a sequel work. And if I can do it and do it in an original way, then the Potemkin producers can too.
There are always possibilities. The question to me as the producer is not "can we bring him back?" but rather whether or not we want to bring the character back.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is online now   Reply With Quote