View Single Post
Old January 14 2014, 07:05 AM   #1672
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral
Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

From Badass Digest:

Latino Review is reporting that Justice League will follow Batman vs Superman... immediately. Like, they'll shoot the films back-to-back. BvS will end on a cliffhanger that will be resolved in the next film, possibly coming in 2016.

This makes a lot of sense and puts a lot of things into perspective. It definitely helps us understand why there are so many character names being thrown around for Batman vs Superman. I was recently told by a very, very trusted source that the role Jason Momoa was up for (but is currently denying) is definitely Aquaman, but it's essentially a cameo setting up the next movie. Momoa's denials today could just be a smokescreen intended to protect the surprise nature of the cameo, although if the films are shooting back-to-back we'll know soon enough.

I trust Latino Review's sources on this one, and even if the movies don't shoot exactly back-to-back The Hobbit style (they clearly are not because they didn't shoot the Hobbit movies in chronological order, but rather as one big movie) I think that they'll roll almost right into Justice League. But who will direct? Zack Snyder will likely be tied up in post on Batman vs Superman; will the break be long enough for him to finish the movie or will a new director take the reins?
Some sites are speculating that Ben Affleck will direct Justice League since Snyder will likely be too busy with post-production to move on to another film so quickly. It's all just rumor for now. If there's truth to it we should know pretty soon.
"I'll see you in another life, brother."
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote