View Single Post
Old January 13 2014, 01:40 PM   #24
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Ever heard of the "AI Day"? Me neither, but

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
Sorry guys, I was so busy that I didn't go online in a while. Hence I try to reply to several posts all at once:

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Essentially, your "balanced" state never happens, it's always "unbalanced" and trying to correct. In that context, making it a binary distinction is neither informative nor useful for addressing the problem, and so it must be programmed accordingly.
I start to get what you mean. I haven't encountered such a programming yet, though, and can't quite imagine what it would look like. Could you give me an example of such a code or is it too complicated and too long for a post?
This is a pretty good source on what I am talking about. I've read some books on fuzzy control systems--it's a topic I've been fascinated with for years, and I think it's quite interesting. Essentially, it's about describing a problem in terms of states and responses, generally with the goal that the system needs to achieve a specific state, and is given considerable flexibility in doing so.
My blog
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote