View Single Post
Old January 12 2014, 05:20 AM   #203
Christopher
Writer

Re: MYTHBUSTERS 10th Anniversary Season

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
I just got done watching it, not much to really say or add. I don't think either series of results surprised me. If I'm not too much mistaken the moonshine-as-fuel idea shouldn't have been too surprising considering that's essentially what e85 fuel is, granted at a much different mixture, which also shouldn't make it's much lower efficiency surprising.
Well, I've never heard of e85 fuel, so I wouldn't have guessed that. But I know some gasoline has ethanol in it, and I know it's a combustible substance, so it's not a huge surprise.

Running on pure hooch, though, I was a bit surprised how well the modern car ran on it (did Kari say it was or was not a flex-fuel car?) verses the older carburetted engine.
She said it was not specifically flex-fuel, but hedged by saying that maybe its computer would be able to adapt. Seems like something they should've made more of an effort to find out.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote