View Single Post
Old January 12 2014, 04:17 AM   #42
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2014

1) Her (2013) - A
2) Saving Mr. Banks (2013) - B+

Saw my first two movies of the year today, two movies I've been wanting to see for a long while.

Her

This movie was sweet, charming, and really really good. Phoenix and Johannsen did a great job in their roles and Amy Adams was also very good in a supporting role. It was a very interesting movie talking about love, and can we love technology if they became sentient. There were some slow moments, but overall, the movie was so well made (It is a ridiculous concept if someone described it to you) that everything felt worth it.

Saving Mr. Banks

This is your typical Disney sentimentality film, but I have no problem with that. I thought this movie would have Tom Hanks eating the scenery, but this was purely Emma Thompson's movie and she did a great job. I loved how there were two stories going on at once, one with PL Travers with her family in 1901, and the other the Making of Mary Poppins story, which is the gist of the film. I do have a question, and hopefully this isn't a spoiler. At the end of the film during Premiere night of Mary Poppins, what did she say about Cartoons?

Overall, great movie and maybe not best picture material (Her is), it's one of the better films that came out in 2013.

Netflix
Theater: 2 (+2)
Itunes
Blu Ray/DVD/TV

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote