View Single Post
Old January 10 2014, 03:06 AM   #503
MakeshiftPython
Captain

Re: Season FIVE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

trekker670 wrote: View Post
^ I agree, we've kind of been "spoiled" so there aren't many episodes that surprise us anymore. As I made my way through S5 I can only say I was noticeably impressed with 3-5 episodes and the rest were on par with everything else.

That's not to say I'm not enjoying the project, but I think it was inevitable, we get used to seeing TNG in HD and it becomes the standard of what we expect, instead of comparing it to the DVD releases and noticing the vast improvement.

The other problem with this is that it makes the flaws that do creep in all the more noticeable, such as the missing bluescreen replacements in "Imaginary Friends" and the up-scaled shots.
Yeah, it's really just a simple case of us no longer being surprised by TNG in HD. It seemed so new and special in 2012, it was the 25th anniversary and we already got our cast reunion special on the second season blu-ray. At this point, we're just waiting for what's expected such as picture improvement and more bonus features. Not really a bad thing, that's just how it is when the novelty wears out.
MakeshiftPython is offline   Reply With Quote