View Single Post
Old January 9 2014, 12:12 AM   #911
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: New Book about TOS: These Are The Voyages

stcanada29 wrote: View Post
What is your vested interest in StarTrekHistory that makes you want to drink their Kool Aid?
Honestly? I believe them. StarTrekHistory.com has absolutely nothing to gain by making up a story about their images being lifted. Nothing. You guys (Cushman, Gurian & Jacobs-Brown Press) have a financial stake in not being caught lifting images that you didn't restore from a website that did all the work.

Common sense is lighting the way here. Add in that both Maurice and Harvey (who also have no financial stake in success or failure of the project) have always been exceptionally above reproach when dealing with issues like these and I know exactly who I believe and who I don't.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... it's usually a duck.

Just because I have decided not to buy the book (in no small part due to your posts here), doesn't mean I don't want it to be a success. I just wish the multitude of issues revolving around it would have never surfaced. I wish that the entire project had been handled in a more professional manner.

YMMV.