View Single Post
Old January 5 2014, 11:30 PM   #45
urbandefault
Captain

Re: Captain of the next Trek series

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Sran wrote: View Post
Agreed. Audiences can learn to care about new characters as they have previous characters and crews. As long as plotlines and conflicts are introduced properly and not forced, fans will accept a new crew.
Maybe. But this long-time fan is done with the spinoiffs of spinoffs of spinoffs. From here on out, I'm only interested in Kirk, Spock, and the Enterprise, the Star Trek source material. Just as I wouldn't be interested in a Sherlock Holmes series about any character other than Sherlock Holmes, or a Superman series not about Superman but some other superhero no one's ever heard of before.
Sran wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Maybe. But this long-time fan is done with the spinoiffs of spinoffs of spinoffs. From here on out, I'm only interested in Kirk, Spock, and the Enterprise, the Star Trek source material. Just as I wouldn't be interested in a Sherlock Holmes series about any character other than Sherlock Holmes, or a Superman series not about Superman but some other superhero no one's ever heard of before.
I must be honest with you in stating that I don't understand why you've posted this response.

--Sran
I understand, and I agree. For what it's worth.
urbandefault is offline   Reply With Quote