View Single Post
Old January 4 2014, 09:31 PM   #235
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: Will you be getting a PS4 or an Xbox One ?

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
I got an Xbox One for Christmas and am really enjoying it.
The voice command stuff works great once you learn how to enunciate for the system, (I'll never use the motion stuff as my arms weren't designed for that, so no big deal on that front) now I'm just waiting for some of the games I'm excited for to come out, like Watchdogs and Titanfall.

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Microsoft says that the Kinect won't spy on you. But why believe them? Think about it.
Oh no, they're going to see me sitting perfectly still playing video games! Man, those guys at MS must be crazy bored.
Could very well be used. Collect data like amount of time sitting there, watching the screen, etc...

The idea of counting how many viewers watch a film/game/TV for advertisement or even shutting down if there is a license violation.

The idea of recognizing male/female/children for advertisement.

The idea of analyzing and tagging the contents of your living room, again for advertisement.

Analyzing the areas you look at.

Spotify pauses ads when you turn the volume down. Maybe some day your TV will pause ads when you don't look at it.

Etc... etc...

Automated image analysis becomes better and better. It's all going to be used to get more money.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote