Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: MAN OF STEEL - Grading & Discussion

When it comes to these guys at least...

AllStarEntprise wrote: View Post

Spider-Man/Andrew Garfield

The Wolverine/Hugh Jackman

Rachel Dawes (from TDK)/Maggie Gyllenhaal

Oh look it's Sherlock/Khan/Benedict Cumberbatch. He must be on a case to find Moriarty.

Loki/ Tom Hiddleston

Dr. Horrible/NPH

If you didn't know who these actors were or if you didnt take the time to look closely.
That's not really a sentence, but if you're saying I wouldn't recognize the above actors, bullshit, especially without the beards and shades (which I doubt we'll see Supes put on in public onscreen), and that's just from single 2D images. Even Jackman is totally recognizable there.

Aside from the last picture all of the others were taken in NYC.
Wrong again; Cumberbatch, Scott and Hiddleston are all on the London tube there along with Tennant. The cushioned seats, small cars, and colored poles are your first clues.

I think most people would pass by them completely unaware. Supes disguise probably works under the same principle. People don't expect to find Superman walking among us.
If Supes were real and had torn up Metropolis like that, you're damn right people would expect to see him around. Manhattan folks expect to see famous people all the time; a friend of mine chatted up Angelina Jolie a few months ago.

Just like no one suspected billionaire Bruce Wayne to be the Batman.
Also laughably unbelievable. In Batman Begins, his obviously super-expensive car was being chased by multiple police as he rushed home to cure Rachel, thereby pointing a big-ass public arrow in the likeliest direction of his house... and that's just one of many examples.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote