View Single Post
Old January 3 2014, 10:26 PM   #34
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: If you were bitten by a zombie

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post

The final episode of the first season established that the "you part" of the brain never comes back just the most basic, animal, functions of the brain. There's been some suggestion that some instinctual habits and/or memories may influence the zombie's actions but overall the zombies are walking corpses with no remains of the former person.

Hell, the idea that "the original person is gone" is pretty much the way zombies have worked in all forms of fiction, the zombies are purely active corpses with no awareness or real personality of their own.
Well, that helps. If my own actual consciousness (I don't just mean personality, I mean my actual consciousness and self-awareness) isn't involved, I guess it's not that bad. Kind of like the ultimate out-of-body experience, as it were.

That being said, I still wouldn't be too comfortable with a body out there that looks like me but is a zombie, even if my consciousness isn't trapped within it, so I'd probably still shoot myself.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote