View Single Post
Old January 3 2014, 07:34 PM   #33
GotNoRice
Fleet Captain

Re: Why Is Nemesis Unpopular?

BillJ wrote: View Post
GotNoRice wrote: View Post

Perhaps not among the general public, but there certainly was among Star Trek fans. Voyager had ended extremely abruptly, with almost no Alpha-quadrant followup, and DS9 left a lot of things ambiguous as well. Nemesis was our only hope at the time for getting any resolution to any of this. Obviously, it didn't deliver.
Not among any Trek fans that I knew. Most of the fans I knew were totally burned out on Star Trek. I was totally burned out on Star Trek and I didn't care about follow-ups to Deep Space Nine or Voyager.
I guess we knew different fans. Back in the day even this board was going nuts with excitement in anticipation of Nemesis.

BillJ wrote: View Post
GotNoRice wrote: View Post

First Contact was a fantastic movie, and I didn't think Generations was half-bad either. A good plot is all it takes.
Star Trek: First Contact was a zombie movie wearing Trek clothes. I'd rather watch Nemesis.
Everyone's opinions are different of course but First Contact is almost universally accepted as being the best TNG movie. It also has the highest IMDB rating.
GotNoRice is offline   Reply With Quote