View Single Post
Old January 3 2014, 06:30 PM   #50
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: UT-TFV: "No Win Scenario"

Captain’s Ready Room
USS Empress

Captain Erasia had to tear herself away from the bridge, but she felt a private meeting was necessary. She didn’t want to expose her crew or any of the other crews to more dissension among their ship commanders.

If Rhizzo was going to balk Tan preferred the woman did it privately. So far, surprisingly, the Zakdorn hadn’t voiced any opposition to Erasia’s battle plan. Now Erasia waited while her compatriots mulled her idea over.

“It’s going to be tricky,” Tanaka said, rubbing his chin. The other commanders floated above the floor, their holograms emitted by projectors hastily installed by Chief Thav.

“A lot of precision flying will be involved,” Ottah nodded, “I mean precise.”

“If you’re jockeys aren’t up to it Ottah, you can borrow one of my helmsmen,” Rhizzo offered. The Edoan frowned at the woman’s bravado.

“Captain Ottah is correct,” Tan said, never denying herself an opportunity to splash cold water on Commander Rhizzo. “Our ships and the warp vehicles are going to have to fly between dropping Chakuun ships and Kothlis’Ka ships either attacking them or trying to avoid them.”

“For once in this fight it pays to have the smallest vessels on the battlefield,” Tanaka pointed out.

“Not to mention the speediest and most maneuverable,” Ottah added.

“Do you think that taking out just one seed ship will call off the dogs?” Rhizzo asked, voicing her first skepticism.

“I think it’s the best way to send a clear message that we will not tolerate their further incursion into our space,” Erasia said. “And let’s be honest, we don’t know as of yet that we actually can destroy even one of their seed ships.”

“One is a good place to start though,” Tanaka piped up.

“And then we can demand they leave our space,” Ottah said.

“I don’t know, maybe we should just let them continue onto into Romulan space,” Rhizzo said, “Perhaps they can destroy each other.”

“Or they could become allies,” Tan said.

“But more than likely they’ll set their sights on Federation space after plundering the Star Empire,” Tanaka replied. “We need to stop them now, while they are preoccupied with fending off the Chakuun.”

“If we are going to do this, we need to do it now…and as one,” Erasia said. Ottah and Tanaka shifted to look at Rhizzo.

“This is hopeless,” the Zakdorn protested, “Insane even.” The woman paused and looked at her colleagues, her gaze eventually finding Erasia’s. She grinned crookedly. “Captain Erasia, I didn’t think you had it in you.”
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote