View Single Post
Old January 3 2014, 02:05 PM   #13
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Re: I hate loose ends... (The Fall & Titan SPOILERS)

For what it's worth, I dislike loose ends, too, although this isn't a major one. I'd like to see it acknowledged somewhere, even if it's only an affirmation of Sci's apathy () - a throw-away comment letting us know the matter was resolved offscreen (or is somehow being investigated). The "Andorian Crisis" arc is over now (I'm very impressed that it sustained a decade's worth of stories), and that's the only real dangling plot point I can think of - especially since it implied that factions within the Andorian intelligence service had been co-opted by the Tholians, meaning it's slightly more meaningful than "we have a few duplicates around".

I also agree with KingDaniel that exploring the potential uses and misuses of transporter duplication could be interesting - there's a lot of potential there, particularly for exploring dilemmas rather unique to the setting.

PS: I must admit to preferring dedicated follow-ups wherever possible; my only real complaint about the otherwise fantastic Full Circle, for instance, was that the Changeling arc was dropped so rapidly and concluded offscreen.
The seeds of the ORDERS OF DISCORDIA were planted by Greyface into his early disciples. They form the skeleton of the Aneristic Movement, which over-emphasizes the Principle of Order and is antagonistic to the necessary compliment.
Deranged Nasat is offline   Reply With Quote